Pokemon Citrine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post League Discussion (Dont let this one get out of hand please)

+2
Edie27
NeoZeke
6 posters

Go down

Post League Discussion (Dont let this one get out of hand please) Empty Post League Discussion (Dont let this one get out of hand please)

Post by NeoZeke Mon May 04, 2009 6:48 am

So even though the 12:00 GMT +1 one was a bust, we managed to get the 22:00 GMT +1 tournament started... but...

After my first match against Do... Do... argh, skip it, can't remember that person's name, anyways, after that match, it was found that Chaos and... umm... someone else had a problem. Chaos was losing, and seemed afk at first, according to first presumptions, but then logged out.

Now, Im not sure if this resulted in the 8 qualifying participants, of if Chaos screwed the whole thing over for us, but so far, it seems the only bugs that need to be fixed are the view battle, where players press against the edge of the arena and it tells you that there are no battles going on, and when a player logs out. If a player logs out, they should have a certain amount of time to log in or be disqualified, or rather be disqualified that instant. I gave the first option since some people dont have very trusty or reliable connections, mainly wireless.

Furthermore, I hope to see additions to the League as it grows and progresses, like the ability to win a legendary, a chance to go to an island and catch a legendary, and/or advantages/disadvantages of the fields. That comes into play with this example, me and my opponent were in the Water Arena, an advantage would be that Water type attacks get stronger, or Water type pokemon get stronger, but the disadvantage is ground/rock types are slower, or their attacks get weakened.

Your thoughts?
NeoZeke
NeoZeke
Super
Super

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post League Discussion (Dont let this one get out of hand please) Empty Re: Post League Discussion (Dont let this one get out of hand please)

Post by Edie27 Mon May 04, 2009 6:56 am

Well, I agree with your suggestions, in at least giving the player a minute before being disqualified. I'm still kinda iffy about the Water arena/etc. I would want my pokemon to win because he is better overall than because the other trainer got an edge. But still good idea.

Offtopic:Oh, If anyone argues in this thread, Ill delete your post. You been warned.
Edie27
Edie27
Ultra
Ultra

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post League Discussion (Dont let this one get out of hand please) Empty Re: Post League Discussion (Dont let this one get out of hand please)

Post by NeoZeke Mon May 04, 2009 7:09 am

Thanks for the pre-warning there in red.

Yea... it is kinda iffy, but those kinds of rules kinda make it a bit more exciting... can your level 30 Magneton handle a Lv 20 Poliwhirl in that arena?

But if it's not widely accepted, thats ok too. I think we should also use this forum to come up with ideas to add to what Fint can use for the tournament, something for him to look over while he's debugging it.

My other suggestions are for the League Champ to get to go fight the Elite Four (Of the appropriate region of course...)

Also, add some wild pokemon to League Island, its nice chilling out and all, but you can add some more Johto pokemon while your at it, like Whooper and Quagsire.

Finally, I know this would get implemented in Hoenn, but how about having the grand carnival or whatever its called there? Put one in there and let people try going for the ribbons, a nice little diversion after the gym battles and waiting for the next League event.

By the way, something has been bugging me... west of the building where all the arena's are located seems to be a 5th Arena... is that where the final two compete?
NeoZeke
NeoZeke
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Mon May 04, 2009 7:16 am

-There(, I think) isn't going to be an Elite 4 in the game.

-The wild Pokemon idea at the league island sounds like something he would add. Not sure about the Johto Pokemon, in my opinion.

-Maybe make the Carnival place a seperate island? It is called the league island after all.

-To be honest, since this was the second league(, or first, since I'm not sure if the first was in progress), I'm not too sure about it. I would of gone outside to see where the other battles were(if they weren't in the main building where the 4 arenas are), to see if anyone was battling. Maybe next time I will check on it. But don't take my word for it, Fint will know. But I think it is for the final round.
Sky
Sky
Super
Super

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoZeke Mon May 04, 2009 7:20 am

Yea, my thoughts on the outside arena too.

Dont you have any suggestions Sky?

(PS everyone, I dont normally think my ideas through, no matter how hard I try to, so if you find something illogical about what Im saying, or it doesnt make sense, please try to think of what it might mean, Im regrettably sorry and really am trying my hardest to think these things through)
NeoZeke
NeoZeke
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post by Edie27 Mon May 04, 2009 7:27 am

I don't also think there is going to be an elite four.
The wild Idea is good. If their are Johto pokemon, well its like a treat for people that go, but just make them a little hard to catch.
Edie27
Edie27
Ultra
Ultra

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoZeke Mon May 04, 2009 7:32 am

Edie27 wrote:I don't also think there is going to be an elite four.
The wild Idea is good. If their are Johto pokemon, well its like a treat for people that go, but just make them a little hard to catch.

Hmm... yea... what pokemon would be good choices that you would expect would be normally hard to catch...? Miltank?
NeoZeke
NeoZeke
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post by Edie27 Mon May 04, 2009 7:37 am

No, add normal Johto pokemons but hard to catch. he He
Like hoot Hoot, Sentret, Pichu.
Edie27
Edie27
Ultra
Ultra

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoZeke Mon May 04, 2009 7:39 am

Ah, ok, I was thinking you wanted to go with the pokemon with originally low catch rates or something... thanks for clearing that bit up for me, I got college tomorrow, last bit of it for this semester, so getting to bed now, night all!

(Btw, time here now is 11:39 PM)
NeoZeke
NeoZeke
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post by Edie27 Mon May 04, 2009 7:44 am

Same as me, But is 9:43 here. College tomorrow as well, Its almost over.
Edie27
Edie27
Ultra
Ultra

Back to top Go down

Post by Baralai15 Mon May 04, 2009 8:16 am

I dont think adding pokemon to league island is good idea unless Fint fixes the bug, black terrain, which you can easily swim over to it and walk across, get past the rocks, swim, and enter the league island even when its closed. It could easily be abused but could also be a secret Wink
Baralai15
Baralai15
Master
Master

Number of posts : 1004

http://myspace.com.irlbc

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor Mon May 04, 2009 8:29 am

A very odd secret, sorry Baralai I think the League SHOULD have Pokemon :p
The Doctor
The Doctor
Master
Master

Number of posts : 765
Location : California, also known as the most wicked part of Earth...

Back to top Go down

Post by Baralai15 Mon May 04, 2009 8:35 am

Well I would want pokemon definetely but I just pointed out the bug mainly but idc if there is or not lol
Baralai15
Baralai15
Master
Master

Number of posts : 1004

http://myspace.com.irlbc

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor Mon May 04, 2009 9:18 am

I guess we'll have to wait and see if Fint works on the League any further.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoZeke Mon May 04, 2009 8:53 pm

He's probably already on it...

Yano, I noticed the black terrain too, and thats where I started thinking about the Grand Carnival thing, just put it directly south of the boat and there you go.

Anyone else think of anything else to add yet?
NeoZeke
NeoZeke
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigersaber Tue May 05, 2009 7:54 am

Pokemon Contests! rofl!

Soz, wasn't on the league! Sad
Tigersaber
Tigersaber
Master
Master

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor Tue May 05, 2009 9:59 am

Pokemon contests were fun the first 2 times, after that, please put a gun to my head, but it may be different with multiple ALIVE people on the other hand...
The Doctor
The Doctor
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigersaber Tue May 05, 2009 3:14 pm

Very Happy yea! It's more fun whit Players! ^^
Tigersaber
Tigersaber
Master
Master

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down