Pokemon Citrine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

passing on moves

4 posters

Go down

passing on moves Empty passing on moves

Post by boom boom Sat May 29, 2010 12:23 am

is it possible to pass on moves from breeding e.g hitmonlee pass on its high jump kick to hitmonchan

hmm it seems i should rephrase my question. what i mean is does citrine have the breeding features to pass on moves from parent to child

Last edited by boom boom on Sat May 29, 2010 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my question wasnt clear enough)

boom boom
Normal
Normal

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

passing on moves Empty Re: passing on moves

Post by Baralai15 Sat May 29, 2010 12:31 am

Some of them are not quite sure about high jump but it has to be a male with the moves in order to pass them on. Im assuming your using a ditto to breed so your hitmonlee which obviously is a male will pass some moves down to tyrogue. So any male pokemon you breed with ditto may pass on the moves.
Baralai15
Baralai15
Master
Master

Number of posts : 1004
Registration date : 2008-09-24

http://myspace.com.irlbc

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes Sat May 29, 2010 6:10 am

Incorrect Bara. The male will always be the one who passes on the moves, and the female is usually going to be the selected species that gets birthed.

For example. Say...Pokemon 1 and Pokemon 2, which are both different pokemon are in the same egg group. Then they can both be bred together, even though they are different species. Pokemon 2, being the female will determine what the baby will be. Pokemon 1, being the male, will determine the egg moves learned, so long as they can be passed on to said pokemon. Not all moves can be passed on, some can only be passed on to certain types. The best way to check this is to go to Serebii, and look up the pokemon you are wanting, and seeing if it can learn the move you want by scrolling down to egg moves, that lists all the moves they are capable of learning by egg.
Tenes
Tenes
Master
Master

Number of posts : 1055
Registration date : 2008-12-21

http://www.trainertenes.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Baralai15 Sat May 29, 2010 7:32 am

I said that the male will be the only to pass moves on, just not sure which moves will be passed on.
Baralai15
Baralai15
Master
Master

Number of posts : 1004
Registration date : 2008-09-24

http://myspace.com.irlbc

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigersaber Sat May 29, 2010 11:24 am

then you need Bulbapedia! Very Happy
Tigersaber