Pokemon Citrine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ranking of Players

+6
Sab
Baralai15
The Doctor
Macvaal
Tenes
ArthwrWolf
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ranking of Players Empty Ranking of Players

Post by ArthwrWolf Wed May 06, 2009 8:01 pm

I give the sugestion of making a Rank, with all players in a list and in order of bests
ArthwrWolf
ArthwrWolf
Normal
Normal

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Ranking of Players Empty Re: Ranking of Players

Post by Tenes Wed May 06, 2009 10:01 pm

You can't exactly judge that. The only thing we have near to that is the PVP list on the Byond Hub where it says Standings, but that doesn't tell who is strongest. You can't know who is strongest since pokemon are so diverse. Person A can beat person B who can beat person C, but person C can beat person A. So, it is a matter of who you have, the order on which a person comes out, the moves, the speed, special defense, special attack, attack, defense, all these variables that can't be figured into a standing.
Tenes
Tenes
Master
Master

Number of posts : 1055
Registration date : 2008-12-21

http://www.trainertenes.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Macvaal Wed May 06, 2009 11:10 pm

Maybe make a table wich counts the matches you've played(against other playes) and then the matches you won and loss...

Macvaal
Normal
Normal

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor Wed May 06, 2009 11:18 pm

Macvaal wrote:Maybe make a table wich counts the matches you've played(against other playes) and then the matches you won and loss...

Actually, that's a good idea.
In the original game, it DID always have a record of how many times you've lost and won.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Master
Master

Number of posts : 765
Location : California, also known as the most wicked part of Earth...
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Baralai15 Wed May 06, 2009 11:52 pm

I like that but it can be abused, why not just go noob hunting and get 10 wins 0 losses...
Baralai15
Baralai15
Master
Master

Number of posts : 1004

http://myspace.com.irlbc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sab Wed May 06, 2009 11:58 pm

Baralai15 wrote:I like that but it can be abused, why not just go noob hunting and get 10 wins 0 losses...

Good point, i guess every system has its flaws.

Sab
Normal
Normal

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes Thu May 07, 2009 12:07 am

That what I was going to say Bara, so yes, it is the truth, it could be abused, as I said, there is no clear cut way.
Tenes
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Macvaal Thu May 07, 2009 9:54 am

As we also have an Average pokemon lvl of each trainer in here, why not make an average opposing pokémon lvl then?

But ya, everything could get abused, but this would make the PVP more fun + show-off lol!

Macvaal
Normal
Normal

Back to top Go down

Post by sasano Thu May 07, 2009 11:03 am

Well I have to say the current PvP system is kinda flawed but my experience with W/L even if its just ratio always cause troubles on games everyone wants to be "the badass" or in this case the pokemon Master, so this usually ends up with people trying to find loop holes into not receiving penalties, or just plain not wanting to take any chances to "ruin" the record.

My personal problem with PvP level is that it doesn't really work for a number a reasons, some basic ones like simply High PvP lvl players not fighting or logging at all, or people simply to scared to fight anyone that "might" be stronger, this is specially relevant when you take into consideration the PvP shop.
sasano
sasano
Normal
Normal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes Thu May 07, 2009 1:06 pm

Actually, the reason most of the high levels don't fight is because they don't want a thousand people getting into the PVP shop, it isn't fear or anything like that. They honestly are for lack of a better word, protecting the fact they got in there by not letting many others get in there. Flawed, yes, but it is the downright truth as to why they don't fight.
Tenes
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Ranking of Players Empty Ok

Post by Sab Thu May 07, 2009 1:56 pm

woshotods wrote:Actually, the reason most of the high levels don't fight is because they don't want a thousand people getting into the PVP shop, it isn't fear or anything like that. They honestly are for lack of a better word, protecting the fact they got in there by not letting many others get in there. Flawed, yes, but it is the downright truth as to why they don't fight.

Maybe we should keep the same system but changed the 6 battles needed to update to 1, because with 6 it can easily be exploited to climb ranks. Or maybe increase the decay and add more of an incentive to maintain a high ranking. Right now you can just hit 80, buy what you want and decline.

Also this isn't the thread to debate about why high levels won't battle. If you don't have anything to add to help the Idea of some sort of new PvP ranking system then don't post.

Sab
Normal
Normal

Back to top Go down

Post by sasano Thu May 07, 2009 1:57 pm

woshotods wrote:Actually, the reason most of the high levels don't fight is because they don't want a thousand people getting into the PVP shop, it isn't fear or anything like that. They honestly are for lack of a better word, protecting the fact they got in there by not letting many others get in there. Flawed, yes, but it is the downright truth as to why they don't fight.

Thats just more pathetic than what I suggested.Trying to keep game features(with obvious benefits) for themselves is just plain childish and pathetic if not that assuming to have the right to decide who gets in or not just as deplorable.

The pvp shop is for players that reach certain level of expertise in the game to have new tools available for them not some private catalog for a certain "private click".

Sab wrote:
Maybe we should keep the same system but changed the 6 battles needed to update to 1, because with 6 it can easily be exploited to climb ranks. Or maybe increase the decay and add more of an incentive to maintain a high ranking. Right now you can just hit 80, buy what you want and decline.

I have to agree setting it 1, all though that would mean you would probably need to add decimals to it.I also heard about suggestion thats not THAT bad, but that decay be time based on when was the last time you fought,etc.Also perphaps the penalty of losing of people below you decreased somewhat so the greedy ones don't have to worry about completely losing the shop perk.
sasano
sasano
Normal
Normal

Back to top Go down

Post by Fint Thu May 07, 2009 8:10 pm

Well I'll look into updating the LvL's each battle.
It shouldnt be much of a problem.

What I could also go is up the decay rate. I meen, if I'm going to update for each battle I might as well remove 1 lvl for each day you do not battle.
Fint
Fint
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 683

https://pokemoncitrine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes Thu May 07, 2009 8:44 pm

I believe that instead of 6 battles to go up, maybe something like 3 or 4. That would satisfy the needs of many people as 3 or 4 battles is easier to get faster. The decay rate should be moved down from one week to 3 days, that is a legitimate amount of time to do a decent amount of battles to keep your numbers up and stuff. That would help a lot of individuals.
Tenes
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthwrWolf Thu May 07, 2009 11:46 pm

Well, when I thought in that, I thought it could be made like adding the levels of all pokémon of a trainer... This way we would have some points for each trainer and then a ranking... But that don't means he is the best... But he acctually will have more pokémon in higher levels...
ArthwrWolf
ArthwrWolf
Normal
Normal

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Macvaal Fri May 08, 2009 12:45 pm

TheDoctor wrote:
Macvaal wrote:Maybe make a table wich counts the matches you've played(against other playes) and then the matches you won and loss...

Actually, that's a good idea.
In the original game, it DID always have a record of how many times you've lost and won.

This still should be added as it's in the original game too, and it's funny to see, and perhaps show-off Razz

Macvaal
Normal
Normal

Back to top Go down

Post by Baralai15 Fri May 08, 2009 12:51 pm

Yea maybe there could be a thing to add like the matches only count if they have the same average level or same amount of badges! Also maybe you can only get a maximum of 3 wins per person to lessen the amoutn of abuses of people killing back and forth
Baralai15
Baralai15
Master
Master

Number of posts : 1004

http://myspace.com.irlbc

Back to top Go down

Post by Zzero0 Fri May 08, 2009 1:40 pm

Baralai15 wrote: Also maybe you can only get a maximum of 3 wins per person to lessen the amoutn of abuses of people killing back and forth
Bad idea,not so many people play this game, so you will never get some pvp lvl 80 or higher.
Zzero0
Zzero0
Normal
Normal

Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by Macvaal Fri May 08, 2009 1:43 pm

Just count the battles you´ve played, we don´t have to get a ranking of it. Just a thing where you can see the amount of battles you´ve played >.>

Macvaal
Normal
Normal

Back to top Go down

Post by Fint Fri May 08, 2009 4:52 pm

But what would be the use of showing how manny times someone has battled? Explane that to me because I just dont get it.
Fint
Fint
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes Fri May 08, 2009 5:15 pm

So they can be like. Oh look, lol, I beat 100 people and you haven't. Lol, omg lyk u cnt beat me at all with ur low lvl. That's how I see it at least, though the fact is, no matter how high someone's record is, no matter how low someone's record is, all can be beaten, thus those rankings are bogus.
Tenes
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Fint Fri May 08, 2009 5:54 pm

Totally agree, I think listing battle numbers is just as lame as the forum post count.
You got alot of posts, well that doesn't say anything about how usefull they were or how "good" you are.
Fint
Fint
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zzero0 Fri May 08, 2009 7:38 pm

No ,this is nice idea,it is like ranks,you can see who is good in PvP and who is noob.
Zzero0
Zzero0
Normal
Normal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes Fri May 08, 2009 7:54 pm

No, Zero, you can't. How would it work? What would stop John over here from beating up on George over here. George being someone who started the game five minutes ago and has a level 6 squirtle. John, has 8 badges, and has 6 level 30 pokemon. he spends all day beating up the George's and thus has 100 wins, but not a single one of them was substantial. There is no way to really say...Who is better. Another example of this is.

Person A's six pokemon may beat Person B's, and Person B's beat person C's, but Person C's beat Person A's. So, who is the best out of those three?
Tenes
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Zzero0 Fri May 08, 2009 9:49 pm

At first I do not think that the people will struggle with 6 pokeons level 30 against approximately against 1 lvl 5 pokemon...., but we will see only, how many victories and losses, we have, and I have...., I really wish to know, how many victories and losses, I have, but I cannot see it... And the people, not silly to play against someone really strong if it is weak..., its like in real life, you know how many losses and victories which you have for all battles.
Zzero0
Zzero0
Normal
Normal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next