Pokemon Citrine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bug Reporting Details

3 posters

Go down

Bug Reporting Details Empty Bug Reporting Details

Post by Sky Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:07 am

To all of those new people out there who report bugs.. make sure you don't do the following:

-Do not send empty reports
-Do not make a bug report that has a bunch of complaints in it
-Do not include little things that are useless to the report
-Do not put things like this "no duud dis not rite"
-Do not write a suggestion, we have a part of the forum for those

Do's:
-Make sure you put it in DETAIL. For an example, you found a move like Fly that was bugged, and the reason was probably because it can get affected by status effects when in the air. When you make a report, make sure you know what to report, and to explain everything that happened. Here's an example of a good report if the case was about the Fly thing:

Good: "When my Pidgeotto used Fly against Erika, her Weepinbell used Wrap and it was still able to get trapped(Though not hurt). And when I clicked on Fight again to use Fly Attack, I was still able to Attack, and afterwards, my Pidgeotto wasn't trapped by the Wrap Attack."

Medium: "My Pidgeotto got trapped by Wrap when it was flying. Not spose to do that >.>"

Bad: "Umm my Pokemon got trapped when it wasn't suppose to.."

See the difference? It's better if you tell what happened at first, during the middle, and the aftermath of it. And also, do NOT report things that can be answered by a person. A bug is something that either messes up something, or gives you advantages, sometimes disadvantages, and can only be fixed by changing the coding. I hope this has taught you fellow members what to report, and what not to. Oh yeah, and a reminder, you may also copy and paste the battle scene, and then tell what happened after, or before.

I can tell that Fint hasn't been in a good mood with the reports.. And Fint, you're more than welcome to edit this or add onto it.

Edie27: Remember People, This is Alpha, there are bound to be bugs and your job to begin with is to test the game fully rather than play it. But enjoy while your testing but don't forget the objective here.

Fint: I changed this topic a bit to fit the new reports, lately reports have been really usefull and detailed. Thanks all!

Sky: I've edited the bug examples, since the bad one was actually satisfactory for a bug report, so I changed it to a medium rating and have created an even worse example of a report that isn't necassary.

Last edited by Sky on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Sky
Sky
Super
Super

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Bug Reporting Details Empty Re: Bug Reporting Details

Post by Fint Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:17 am

Thanks
Fint
Fint
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2008-09-24

https://pokemoncitrine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:47 pm

Yeah, the alpha really needed this, good job Sky.
I'll refer people to this.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Master
Master

Number of posts : 765
Location : California, also known as the most wicked part of Earth...
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum