Pokemon Citrine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before I forget

+2
Baralai15
sasano
6 posters

Go down

Before I forget Empty Before I forget

Post by sasano Tue May 12, 2009 1:31 am

A small suggestion I'd like to submit, hopefully that can sneak in the current update.

Simply Im sure we have all noticed, how sometimes right as you finish a wild encounter another one comes up.Sometimes being instant to the point you can't see you're character others with a tiny slip in between.

Now this doesn't effect gameplay at all,imo.Sometimes It can even be beneficial(in a sense) of instantly spawning another pokemon for you to fight(ex. EV training).Sometimes a burden when you're trying to fly through the grass patch.

I want to suggest a 1 or 2 second(2 imo) delay in between spawns not because its a bug or anything but mostly for aesthetic purposes.IMO it would make the game look a bit more polished.
sasano
sasano
Normal
Normal

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Back to top Go down

Before I forget Empty Re: Before I forget

Post by Baralai15 Tue May 12, 2009 2:23 am

I have noticed this as well as im sure everyone else has but yes it does get obnoxious when you make it far for example, on the route to celadon, you fight all the trainers and your pokemon are really hurt at towards the end and its hard to escape. You finally get out of one battle which is a relief but then befor you can take a step theres another one. We all know it is annoying and its not a big time fix or anything really but maybe one of those small things you fix in a next update or something.
Baralai15
Baralai15
Master
Master

Number of posts : 1004
Registration date : 2008-09-24

http://myspace.com.irlbc

Back to top Go down

Post by Phildog Tue May 12, 2009 2:29 am

i dont agree i think that the lack of delay adds more to the game i would rather battle then just be able to walk i know its hard to get places but thats part of the game
Phildog
Phildog
Normal
Normal

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes Tue May 12, 2009 6:43 am

Yea, I agree, doesn't bother me at all...It is just like the other game really except it shows you take a step forward and reflashing the screen at you once more. This is just minus the flashing of the screen...so yeah...
Tenes
Tenes
Master
Master

Number of posts : 1055
Registration date : 2008-12-21

http://www.trainertenes.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Macvaal Tue May 12, 2009 5:05 pm

It is like the game should be. Thereby comes that walking from the last Pokecenter to the new one, isn't that big of a hussle if you defeated all the trainers. Get my point?

As you defeated all the trainers anyway, you don't have to fight them again. And it's an extra training for your pokemons(lvl 30s won't die anyway).

So yeah keep it like this, it's like it should be.

Macvaal
Normal
Normal

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by sasano Tue May 12, 2009 8:18 pm

sasano wrote:A small suggestion I'd like to submit, hopefully that can sneak in the current update.

Simply Im sure we have all noticed, how sometimes right as you finish a wild encounter another one comes up.Sometimes being instant to the point you can't see you're character others with a tiny slip in between.

Now this doesn't effect gameplay at all,imo.Sometimes It can even be beneficial(in a sense) of instantly spawning another pokemon for you to fight(ex. EV training).Sometimes a burden when you're trying to fly through the grass patch.

I want to suggest a 1 or 2 second(2 imo) delay in between spawns not because its a bug or anything but mostly for aesthetic purposes.IMO it would make the game look a bit more polished.

It seems that most of you guys lack...comprehension skills for lack of a better word, So I'll try to help ya.

Now I don't mind disagreeing with a suggestion but you guys aren't addressing the issue at hand.Its obvious to anyone that this happens too, that it just looks unnatural thus I suggest this delay not because: IT IS TOO HARD" as some of you seem to think Im suggesting but because it makes the game look unpolished.With the delay the game will look smoother.Its a simple step towards a more aesthetically pleasing game.

Also if you haven't noticed this happens because you begin to move while ur Battle Screen is still up(I assume its because of lag) thus not "how the game is suppose to be.

Like I said feel free to disagree but be coherent, the answers here were like denouncing a x2 EV suggestion from all pokemon because caterpie gives 50 exp.
sasano
sasano
Normal
Normal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes Wed May 13, 2009 7:49 am

In order to do what you are saying Sasano, which I actually did address in my last post, you just lack comprehension skills for lack of a better word. I said for it to not do that you would have to put in the little flashing thing. Wherein it goes back to the main screen, you take a step, and FLASH FLASH FLASH battle comes in. I mean that would be the only way to make it 'polished' Fint on the other hand left out the flashing tidbit, therefore there is no point in going back to the screen, show you move one step, and once again enter a battle when you can skip that bit of animation and move right into another battle screen. I am disagreeing with you because the extra five seconds of animation really isn't all that important, nor does it make it unpolished, no does it make it retarded, or anything else you can come up with.
Tenes
Tenes
Master
Master

Number of posts : 1055
Registration date : 2008-12-21

http://www.trainertenes.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Macvaal Wed May 13, 2009 12:03 pm

I just made an argue against one of the argues you used for the suggestion, no need to get mad.

Also Woshotods, kind off, gave you main reason not to add this. To keep the game like the real one, you would've to add that flash screen, but it's nonsense as it would consume way more time, while it's not of any importance to see your icon move 1 tile further to whatever side you're walking. And that flashie screen gets annoying after a bit of time.

Thereby comes that adding a 1 or 2 seconds delay isn't like the real game(and Fint really likes to follow the real game), where you also can die in the very last piece of high grass, if you encounter a wild pokémon.

Macvaal
Normal
Normal

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by sasano Wed May 13, 2009 6:04 pm

I give up on you people...sometimes I forget I'm in a pokemon forum...
sasano
sasano
Normal
Normal

Back to top Go down

Post by Edie27 Wed May 13, 2009 9:44 pm

Okay, Well Topic Locked.
Edie27
Edie27